Planning an Event
Whether you are hosting a corporate cocktail reception throughout the entire museum, a holiday dinner in our Rotunda space, a wedding reception in the Lagoon area, a summer picnic on the front lawn, our on-site event planners will work with you on every detail.
Have your child's next birthday party at the Museum of Science and Industry. The experience is guaranteed to inspire the inventive genius in all of the party-goers!
Birthday Party Pricing:
$600 for 15 guests. $35 for each additional guest.
Our birthday party packages includes:
- Use of a private party room for three hours
- All-day admission for 15 guests
- Your choice of one of the menu options below
- Parking is NOT included in package pricing
All-beef hot dogs with condiments, bag of chips, fresh fruit salad and punch
All-beef burgers with condiments, tater tots, fresh fruit salad and punch
Piles of tortilla chips with beef, cheese, diced tomatoes, sour cream and salsa, plus fresh fruit salad and punch
Sub sandwiches with baked ham, salami, provolone and mozzarella cheese and piled high with lettuce, tomatoes and olives, waffle fries, whole pickles, fresh fruit salad and punch
All menus include plastic-ware, paper napkins, and paper plates.
Birthday Party Guidelines
- Admission includes all guests, including adults and the birthday child. Minimum guarantee is 15 guests.
- Additional guests are welcome for a charge of $35 per guest.
- Price does not include garage parking. Parking is complimentary for up to one half hour to allow for drop-off and pick-up of guests.
- You may decorate the party room with freestanding items and tablecloths. Decorations may not disturb Museum walls or be hung from the ceiling. Balloons and confetti are not allowed.
- Party room rental for three hours includes set up, the party and clean up.
- Please help our maintenance staff by disposing of your trash in the receptacles provided.
- Party room includes buffet table and banquet tables with chairs for guests.
- If your guests do not leave the room by the scheduled end time, or if the room is not left in the same condition it was found, you will be notified and billed an additional charge.
Food and Beverage
- We will be happy to provide a birthday cake and ice cream for an additional charge.
- Only one menu option is available per party.
- Substitutes for punch, such as milk and soda, are available for an extra charge.
- You are welcome to bring your own cake with advance notice.
- 20 percent of the balance is required to confirm space.
- The remainder of the balance is due five days prior to the event. No refunds, exchanges or cancellations. Package price includes tax and 18 percent service charge.
- Credit cards and money orders are welcome. We apologize, but we cannot accept personal checks or cash.
- Due to the popularity of the program, please make reservations at least four weeks in advance.
- Please fax your guest list to (773) 684-3510 or e-mail to sebrina.williams(at)msichicago.org at least five days prior to your scheduled party. Museum staff need this list to admit your guests. Any guests not listed will not be admitted.
- Please contact Special Events at (773) 753-2583 with any questions about hosting a birthday party.
Recognized for 'Best Catered Event' by BizBash 2010
- Museum Hours
- Through December 15:
Monday - Friday: 9:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Saturday - Sunday: 9:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- Open daily except Thanksgiving and Christmas
- Through December 15:
- Museum Location
Museum of Science+IndustryGetting Here5700 S. Lake Shore DriveChicago, IL 606371 (773) 684-1414
- Happening Now
Explore nine decades of The Walt Disney Company's history and artifacts.
Take a thrilling underwater journey to explore the beauty and mysteries of coral reefs.
- Coming Soon
- Become a Member
It's fun, easy, and a great value to earn your "Degree" in science! It's an adventure you don't want to miss.
Support from individuals, corporations and foundations help us fulfill our goal of inspiring all who visit.
Be part of our history of fun by volunteering at the Museum of Science and Industry.
about the museum
Opened in 1933, the oldest science Museum of its kind in the Western Hemisphere attracts approximately 2 million visitors per year.